20 Jul 2011

Chelsea...lagi best!

Chelsea trained at Bukit Jalil National Stadium yesterday and three of us from PH were there to witness. For the record, my team is Tottenham and my closest enemy technically-speaking would be Arse-nal, both being North London clubs. That's technically-speaking but universally-speaking, I'm a Man U hater. In fact, PH household are certified anything-but-Man U supporters.

One signature pose before we hit the road (Apple iPhone 3GS)

My elder son is a Chelsea fan so there was no question about whether we should go or not. And he really behaved as if this was his first time. Few nights before he asked me which kit to wear. In the morning of the d-day, he reminded me to be home early. Just as he left class, he rang to ask my whereabouts. But I guess it's always thrilling when you are meeting your idol. Frankly, I won't know how I would react if Spurs were to stop by Malaysia. Actually, I don't know if that will even happen in the first place!

It's only 5.40 pm. Most people were still on the way (Apple iPhone 3GS)

But his actions I felt justified because this time around it was under different circumstances altogether. Being a fan is one thing but a training session could be an intimate affair, a special moment between the team and the supporters. In addition, it must have dawned on to him that doing a Chelsea game is now a once-in-a-lifetime kind of opportunity. We are living in Kota Damansara, not Ealing anymore.

Gather round lads, first we will skip and then do the hula hoop (Apple iPhone 3GS)

At the stadium, we waited at least a couple of hours before the players came out onto the pitch. And when they did, the whole place erupted into raptures or whatever noise level that a quarter-filled arena could muster. Save for Luis, Ramires and Essien, I think most of the squad members turun padang, entertaining the crowd with their warm-ups and intra matches. Drogba scored at least twice during these matches and the crowd cheered. Torres did not score as many but the crowd cheered him louder. Cech did not wear his headgear and boy he looked different. Ivanovic's posterior appeared mightier than on TV. Terry was one heck of a beefcake. Lamps was another heck of a beefcake. Cole did not get booed as usual which I'm sure he enjoyed. Who would miss Anelka? Kalou trained as a ball-stopper. Malouda I cound not see, he must have changed his hairstyle again. Alex ran around the field as he was still in therapy. Like I said, it was a full squad.

Where's the ball? (Apple iPhone 3GS)

Chelsea fans are united. I spotted fake jerseys, third colours, retro jerseys, away kits, washed out blues, home jerseys, Emirates-era jerseys, blue-coloured wigs, non-sanctioned scarfs, jester-styled hats, creaseless Torres posters, Malaysia Blues Army (sic) banner, Malaysia Blues Army Supporters banner (sic, I don't get this), one lone Arse-nal supporter (how dare you?), more fake jerseys, Malaysian yellow jerseys, Helmie, Sarah and Bazil. But these don't matter as they were there for one thing and one thing only - that is to watch their favourite team train.

Watch this space for more...

Blame the camera (Apple iPhone 3GS)

No comments:

Post a Comment