26 May 2012

Change can be good...


Kamversation.com is a friend's website that I just happened upon yesterday. While he's a follower of Plantation House and maybe an avid one at that, judging by his cute texts every time there is a new post, he's been quite secretive with his own. There you have it, now the secret's out!
I have to say I was quite envious of the fact that the theme he is on is by Cyber Chimps, one of the better theme providers out there but because I don't have the desire nor the need to pay yet, I'll stick with the free ones offered by Blogspot. Speaking of free off-the-shelf themes, Wordpress has some that can put those dished out by Blogspot to shame. The thing about Wordpress is that its theme offerings have wider choice, varied and with interesting features to boot. 
Why don't I fill you in a little secret: I opened a blog with Wordpress yesterday, as a hasty reaction to Kamversation.com and spent the entire afternoon importing the posts from Blogspot, reformatting some due to the migration and choosing the theme that I think would work for Plantation House. The grand plan was to formally advise my readers, Kamversation.com's author included, of the move today. 
But I had a change of heart just now and decided to be loyal to Blogspot and continue building that relationship. Just a little change in the http address though and I think this version would be more apt than the previous one anchored by my own name. The number 3 is our house number...

No comments:

Post a Comment